What is mindfulness?
Our brains are naturally wired to work best in a state of being present in the moment, this is mindfulness. It is not really a new concept it’s simply returning to our best functioning selves. The movements of LFA T’ai Chi provide each individual with a moving meditation that utilises all of the senses enabling them to be aware of the moment without judgement or interpretation.
It is proven that regular T’ai Chi practice results in improved focus and memory recall, a calmer mind, increased energy levels, improved emotional resilience during stressful times, greater compassion, improved immune system, lower risk of depression, the ability to maintain a healthier weight, and have restful sleep. All these benefits slow the ageing of the brain and lead to a happier, healthier, you!
TRY THIS Simple Seated Breathing Exercise
- Sit on the floor or on a chair, cross your feet at the ankles with your left leg furthest away from you.
- Place the palms of both hands on your stomach just below your navel.
- Breathe in through the nose and allow your stomach to expand, this moves your stomach out of the way of the lower part of your lungs allowing your lungs to fully inflate.
- Breathe out through the mouth as you gently pull your stomach in, expelling all the air and toxins from your lungs.
- Repeat for up to 5 minutes.
Our Healing Meditation and Energy Meditation audio CD’s guide you through simple to follow techniques. We also offer our Golden Well form set, a sequence of movements that when practised become a meditation in motion with the added bonus of strengthening the mind and improving the memory and concentration.